Monday, March 8, 2010

tip toe around it.

Last week Eric gave us pointers to help make our film more realistic. Backgrounds are extremely important and add to the atmosphere of a film. Rarely do you go into a room where the walls are completely blank, so the walls in the movie should not be blank either. Music can also be a vital part of developing atmosphere and mood for your scene. I think that this is just as pivotal as the imagery when trying to conjure up different emotions. He also gave us the rundown of making our videos legitimate by getting permission to shoot in certain areas and to make our own music in order to dodge copyright laws. I had no idea that this would be so complicated. It also seems that getting actors and cameramen together at an agreed time will prove to be tricky also. I think that for our comedy auditions and advertising could be really fun.



We also had our first planning meeting. I realized that no matter how in depth our script was or how funny, we could make it better. And after a long time of talking about how to enhance it we changed the idea all together. How much chaos it must be to try and get something written for a feature length film! I am however, super excited about the ideas my team has been generating, and I think that the class will take fancy to our project. We do need to get on the ball with writing our script though, it is really tough for me to have to rely on other students to get the assignments done. I think it adds a completely new dynamic to class stress. I can’t even imagine how the big wigs put up wiith all of that.


We still have a lot of planning to do as far as where our scenes are gonna be and how are dialogues will fit in. We also need to start thinking about actors, and what we want to do with them. I think that with the comedy its hard to plan in so much detail, because comedy is so spontaneous, all of our ideas are bound to change. I think that with the variety of people in our team we will manage, just as long as we keep thinking about it. Using a dorm as the setting was definitely the right choice. It will be a LOT easier to film.

No comments:

Post a Comment