Saturday, April 17, 2010

this is a lot harder than i originally thought.

Last Thursday (4/15) We meet in the forum. None of the teachers were there so it was hard to stay focused. Sam refuses to write a script so we have nothing to do. His “directors image” is to just go with it. I really wish we had more structure. Because we have no camera, and apparently no need for a script we all leave after briefly discussing when we all can meet (of course there is no time where EVERYONE can meet) We decide that everyone shouldn’t be actors so that we can get it done without all of the headache of finding schedules that line up.


I feel like my team is just having awful luck with this assignment. We have a group with an extra person, which makes probabilities of getting together super small. We got our camera late the night before our footage was due; and had to give it to the next team on time to prevent what happened to us, happening to another team. Which left us with a day. A day where our footage had no sound. I really wish there was some way we could start over, and actually have a script. To be completely honest, I don’t like any of the footage we have right now because it is too chaotic. It’s NOT funny. We are suppose to be comedy. I think with a little guidance it could be hysterical. Without a script, or at least broad outline its just ridiculous and loud. Everyone just talks at the same time and yells. Making it impossible for the viewer to pick out what is going on.


I hope that the team decides to reshoot what we have. I have decided not to be an actress because I just get frustrated. I am still excited about the editing process, and hope I can let my artistic talents shine through that and the sound. I am sure it will come together, I am just good at stressing myself out. I am the sound editor, not the director. Perhaps, if I did this again that might change. Sam is super excited though, so I am sure it will be great. The other teams are beginning to talk about their films. The final viewing night should be really really great. I am still praying we are not gonna be stressing over finals week with this stuff. WISH US LUCK!!

No comments:

Post a Comment