Monday, April 26, 2010

and the end is nearing.

Last class, (If you can call it that) Was everyone sitting around waiting for the footage t]o digitize. Our team was waiting on the stuff to digitize so that we could resume filming. This ended up taking an ungodly amount of time. I started studying for my chemistry test and waited for them to call me to start filming. This happened at almost nine and nobody had time to film apparently. This was aggravating because class time seems to be the only time we all have allotted out to where we don’t have conflicting plans. Our final footage is due on Thursday, and I am still unsure where everyone is as far as filming goes.


I hope that the editing team has enough to work with that we can get it done. Even if it doesn’t turn out as great as our original plan was. At this point I am just wanting to get it done. The novelty is definitely fading fast. Exactly what I was afraid of is happening. Our stuff is starting to interfere severely with all of my tests, and finals are next week. We are now at a place where we have to have everything done in order to be digitized by Thursday.


I feel obligated to take over, even my job is sound editor. Maybe they have a lot filmed and I just haven’t heard about it yet. Other members of my group are starting to get frustrated. This is the busiest time of the year and I feel like the film is not on any of our priority lists. We all have tests and finals and end of the semester projects and finals. So everyone feels like they need to be studying for their “major” classes. I really hope we pull through. I feel like it might end up being just 2 or three people taking over getting the filming done. They might be the same people who will be doing the editing, but at least it will get done.


The end of the semester is nearing, I am ready to not have any more huge stressors. I hope it’s okay if my production journal is going to almost identical to my blog posts. Whenever we meet for short periods of time, and don’t get a lot done its hard to think of much else to put in the blog. Oh well, I guess it should be easier to write, with all of my thoughts being vocalized.

No comments:

Post a Comment